Hey. I’m back. Again, with another blog post about guess what ? Yeah vacation. I think traveling, visiting new places, living other people’s life, seeing new horizons are ones of the best feelings in the world. Traveling is part of the healing that holidays give you. Sometimes, for a better restart, you have to change the city, change the walls, reunite with your beloved ones. You may need only one week to completely change your mood or even your perspective of seeing things. For our family, traveling is not only for discovering new places or visiting other countries, but, and mostly a way to reunite with each other, in happiness, far from work, stress and early mornings.
After Italy and Portugal, we are back to our beloved Spain. All the memories of my childhood’s holidays are in there. We trade our usual destination of Andaloucia against the region of Valenciana in the east of the country. It was our real first time there even if we visited Valencia three years ago, and we didn’t really know what to expect. But we were nicely surprised by the beauty of this agricultural area. We stayed in the city of Altèa, specifically at cap Negret, a very charming little place between mountains and sea. We visited a bit of the deep country, discovering the huge fruit plantations, the real Spain, not only the touristic one. The weather in Valenciana is pretty similar to the weather in south Italy (lot of lemon trees), and It’s like two hours by boat from the islands of Ibiza and Mallorca.
I wanted to share with you some pictures of this area and give you an idea of what Valenciana and her little cities look like. Hope you’ll enjoy it and stay tuned for more fashion posts , one of my trip to Granada and maybe a vlog is coming soon. Kisses from Spain Xo
- Alteà : This little white town will make you feel like in Greece. It’s very charming and small. Full of cute shops of some very talented local designers, and a lot of nice places where you can eat local and international meals. I actually had the best time there, celebrating my 16th birthday in a lovely restaurant. The most exciting part was having the entire staff surprising me with an apple pie that I will never forget, singing to me « Happy Birthday » in Spanish. Yeah unforgettable. I actually recommend it to you, the manager is a very funny Frenchman, and the menu is based on some very funny theme.
- Cap Negret : I’m not going to talk a lot about this lovely place, you better see it by yourself. The beach is so empty and calm that it feels like your swimming in a private pool. Most of the time, we swam only with few neighborhoods. Heaven.
- Guadalest : If you wanna visit the real Valenciana, I recommend you to visit the village of Guadalest. On top of the mountain, there’s a castle that you can visit, plus, you have a breathtaking view on some plantations and a turquoise lake.
- Las fuentes del Algar : A magical place and a major spot if you’re visiting Valenciana. The pink flowers, the mountains, the green water and the wood bridges make the place looks like a Japanese garden. And you can even swim in this little paradise.
- We visited other villages like Tarbena, or Parcent where I had the best Paella of my entire life, in a typical restaurant called L’Era. We also visited in the same day the city of Denia, where you can take a break and have a coffee (an ice cream is better on a hot day)